|January 28, 2013 - February 08, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Chronic Disease Research Group|
|Description:||Effectively and accurately perform administrative duties. Effectively and willingly act as liaison with other personnel at Chronic Disease Research Group (CDRG) and elsewhere.|
|Duties:||• Effectively and accurately perform administrative duties.|
● General support of staff for travel needs, maintenance requests, and ad hoc administrative support.
• Maintain adequate supplies for the office
• Coordinate and support meetings and conference calls including meeting set-up, agenda setting and distribution, food ordering, handout preparation, room set-up, attendance, and minute-taking.
• Perform general office functions to include greeting visitors, answering phones, filing, photocopying and record keeping.
• Support NIH grant funded programs and coordinating center staff
• Manage the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail and carrier packages
• Effectively and willingly act as liaison with other personnel at CDRG and elsewhere.
• Maintain good standing and effective relationships with HCMC and MMRF administrative and support personnel.
|Qualifications:||Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be vocational/technical training and two years experience; or three to four years administrative support experience. |
Previous college level coursework and experience working in a medical setting and/or research environment preferred but not required.
Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Proactively seek solutions to everyday office situations. Able to set priorities, problem solve, and manage time effectively. Proficiency in common spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software applications with ability to learn other software programs as needed. Knowledge of basic office procedures and ability to operate and troubleshoot basic office equipment. Ability to understand oral and written instructions. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Displays high standards with regard to attendance and punctuality. Requires interaction with a diverse population. Exhibits professional demeanor, possesses good interpersonal communication skills, strong customer-service attitude and effective telephone etiquette. Ability to work under deadline pressure when necessary and be flexible.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.